Early voting begins: February 16, 2016
Primary election day: March 1, 2016
Early Voting locations are open from 7AM to 7PM
Find your nearest early vote location here.
Photo Identification Now Required for Voting in Person
Exemptions are Available for Persons with Disabilities and Other Special Circumstances.
Texas law now requires voters to show photo identification when voting in person. When voters appear at a polling location to vote, they must present an approved form of photo ID issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) or the United States government. All IDs (except the citizenship certificate) must be current or no more than 60 days expired.
Approved Forms of Photo ID
- Except for the citizenship certificate, all IDs must be current or no more than 60 days expired.
- Texas Driver License issued by Texas DPS
- Texas Election Identification Certificate (EIC) issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC) issued by DPS
- U.S. Military ID Card containing the person’s photograph
- U.S. Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- U.S. Passport